Wear Sunscreen ....Future's so bright I gotta wear Shades

Monday, August 07, 2006

The"New -Look" Knee

Here I am in all my radiant whatever !!!
But wouldn't you think that I look better than pre-opp?
I think my Doctor will be happy with my situation at my friday appointment, right ?
I have honestly been trying to do all my excersises, eat all the right stuff and be extra carefull when walking and not twist as they all said "No Twisting" Like I never did like Chubby Checker that much ...ha ha
JoAnne seems to be happy at her new Job as she's learning how people screw - up the schedules.... then pencil you in and say you missed it, but the head pearson actually admitted it to her yesterday as she thought she was lossing-it their for awhile!!!!
Everything has been nice and mild here and our lawn has decided to turn back to green again . who-oo

S Q L Y

Update to New Look Knee : August 23/2006
I liked this post so much that I decided to give you a further report on the TKR.
It goes without saying that I have been preoccuppied with Phisiotherapy (excersise) of my new knee and regaining the lost movement that occurs with this type of radical surgery.
I can walk without any supporting cain or crutch but if I were to head out to the maul, I'm sure I would like some extra supportof a cain, in a 1/2 hour of walking..for sure.
My phisiotherapist said I was showing great improvements in mobility of the knee joint, but I had been pushing the excercise reps and she said I should give it a day - off every once in a while so it can recouver from the ordeal and come on stronger with added mobility a day or so latter
I ice it and elevate it for extra benifits when the pressure builds inside the confound joint.
I sure want to be able to ride the bike soon as it is my favorite soothing exercise for the knee, but with the restricted motion I am just now being able to make the complete cycle with the petals !!!
I hope you all get over here to read the latest news once in a while ,our weather is sure crazy, yesterday we had 31 deg c and today it's overcast and showers with about 16 deg c.
Too da loo from LA
Drop us a comment

S Q L Y

10 comment(s):

Dad you are looking GREAT! got the old cane back out?? Can't wait to see the video clip of you jogging (LOL! Just kidding!).

Take it easy, and tell mom not to worry, her job will get easier and easier.

By Blogger islandarts, at August 07, 2006  

Gosh, you look pretty slim and trim with that new knee! Looks like all went well. It's amazing how we finally figure out how to exercise and eat right when we turn 50. How come we didn't do that when we were 30?

By Blogger bada bing, at August 08, 2006  

Your right their Ms Bing, but I feel better than ever with no reflux
or acid chewing tumms getting in on the action either.
I will get the staples out on friday and they will probably say "\no twisting"
but I hope I can ride the cycle bike( as that round type of excercise will feel good now ).
Will see you soon, say hi to John for me.

AL

By Blogger S Q L Y, at August 08, 2006  

Yep, Dad... your looks improved from the Friday that I stayed over till the Monday that I returned! I was happy to see the recovery process is going so well! You even regained a lot of color in your face :) That was great to see! I was getting worried for a minute there!

I can't wait till your knee is healed all up and you are good to get on the bike with me. A ride will do you a lot of good! Make good use of the new parts! haha

By Blogger FitGirl, at August 09, 2006  

I'm ready to cycle too, but
I want to hear what my Phisio-therapist tells me
first before I go and do something foolish ...
I was thinking of setting the bike up on stands in the garage and practcing
a little .... that would be nice but I will try the excercise bike tommorrow
and see
if things still go round and round. ha ha
I was reading a article where they recomended cycling
but I could not figurre out at what stage...
i think I'm a little to early....
I'll wait for the pain to tell me exactly when to start up the plan !!!
Talk to you soon
S Q L Y

By Blogger S Q L Y, at August 14, 2006  

Thank - You for the compliment Suz
I thought I trimmed a little off the top ..alright,
but I feel great and hope i can now work my new knee and get the mobility back...
it's toughf now to ride my bike but it is slowly comming back !

S Q L Y

By Blogger S Q L Y, at August 20, 2006  

S Q L Y asks:
If you were to be buying a new digital camera tommarrow,
with all the new models out there now --- which camera would you pick ??
I don't know if I should go smaller compact design
with larger pixles or larger camera with
standard features and more focal length,
like say 10x.(like yours Jen.. If i
get one I'm leaning to your way of thinking...)
Thanks for your thoughts and answers in advance...
SQLY.xoxo

By Blogger S Q L Y, at August 21, 2006  

Glad the knee is getting better!!!
I love ya Dad! ...You and all your spelling mistakes! :)

By Blogger FitGirl, at August 24, 2006  

Dad, you really need to start using SPELL CHECK! Love ya but WOW.

If you want to talk digicams... I'm all EARS baby!!

By Blogger islandarts, at August 24, 2006  

I would actually use spell-check
but I don't think
blogger has it, so I have to write the post in m.s.word
and paste it into blogger??
is that it ??
S Q L Y xox

By Blogger S Q L Y, at August 25, 2006  

onclick="window.open('https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=23493944&postID=115498640950284175&isPopup=true', 'bloggerPopup', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=1,menubar=0,resizable=1,width=400,height=450');return false;"> Post a comment

<< Home

Online College Degree, Online Master Degree, Life Experience Degree, Online Bachelor Degree
Online Degree